Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) provides comprehensive services to scientific and academic communities by:
• giving general IT services to more than 100,000 university customers in Munich and for the Bavarian Academy of Sciences
• running and managing the powerful communication infrastructure of the Munich Scientific Network (MWN)
• acting as a competence centre for data communication networks
• being a centre for large-scale archiving and backup, and by
• providing High-Performance Computing resources, training and support on the local, regional, national and international level.
Research in HPC is carried out in collaboration with the distributed, statewide Competence Network for Technical and Scientific High-Performance Computing in Bavaria (KONWIHR).
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre
Prof. Dr. Arndt Bode
85748 Garching near Munich
Phone +49 - 89 - 3 58 31- 80 00
Picture of the Petascale system SuperMUC at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre.
Compute servers currently operated by LRZ are given in the following table